This is a portfolio I put together of some of my drafting and design work from the past few years. All the drawings included are drawings that only I worked on. Nearly everything included are jobs where I did all of the field measuring myself. One of the things that I am most proud of is that when it came time to install, all these jobs fit the way they were intended.
I have removed most of the title blocks so as not to included customer's contact information.
If you hover your mouse over the preview, there will be a button to view fullscreen in the lower right corner.
In some mobile browsers, the fullscreen icon does not appear. You can view fullscreen by tapping the name "Portfolio" in the upper left corner of the preview
Edgar J. Yother V
201 Cumberland Avenue,
West Lafayette, IN 47906
Technical and Software Skills
- Designing Miscellaneous and Ornamental Metals
- Prime Contractor and Supplier Coordination
- Field Measuring
- Establish Company Drawing Standards
- Estimating and Purchasing Material
- Metal Fabrication
- Revit Architecture
September 2016 to Present
West Lafayette, Indiana
- KJG Architecture: Field measuring and providing preliminary drawings of existing structures. Drafting in all departments as needed, including Architecture, Structural Engineering, MEP Engineering, and Interior Design.
- Protean Terrariums: Interpret architect’s drawings and produce final shop drawings while coordinating with metal fabricator on terrariums for a mall renovation project.
BenFab Architectural Metalworks
Fabrication Design Manager
November 2014 to Present
- Design, coordination, and purchasing activities for the development of ornamental metals and structural steel including: field measuring using both traditional methods and more technically advanced tools such as Leica Disto D2 laser distance meter, drawing approvals including the architect, develop materials list and order material, project coordination with project manager and project superintendent, and final shop drawings.
- Establish standard company drawing practices.
- Training other drafters in advanced skills in AutoCAD and Bend-Tech.
- Responsible for the review of the International Building Code (IBC) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for the company to ensure compliance.
May 2014 to November 2014
- Assigned tasks and supervised team of welders and fabricators.
- Design and fabrication of miscellaneous and ornamental metals and structural steel.
The Folk School of St Louis
March 2011 to June 2012
- Teaching mandolin, tenor banjo, and Irish set dancing.
Homemaker/Stay at Home Dad
March 2009 to May 2014
Saint Charles, Missouri
- Primary caregiver for two young children.
July 2005 to March 2009
Performed all tasks involved in the fabrication of miscellaneous and ornamental metals including:
- Estimating material cost
- Field measuring
- Creation of shop drawings
Highland Park Market
September 2004 to July 2005
- Filled requests for customers
- Opening and closing of deli department
Millwrights Union, Local #1121
July 2004 to January 2005
May 2004 to July 2004
- TIG hard facing of blades for turbine engines
Northrop Grumman Ship Systems
August 2003 to May 2004
- Welding and grinding of structural parts for military and commercial ships
Education and Training
St Charles Community College
St Charles, Missouri
August 2010 to June 2012
- CAD Systems II (AutoCAD)
- Drawing I
- Civil Drafting (AutoCAD Civil)
- Intro to Piping Drafting (AutoCAD)
- Architectural Drafting I (AutoCAD Architecture)
- Revit Architecture I
- Microcomputer Applications (Microsoft Office)
- Beginning Algebra
Manchester Community College
January 2007 to December 2009
- Introduction to CAD (AutoCAD)
- CAD 3D Mechanical (AutoCAD)
- Parametric Design (SolidWorks)
Delgado Community College
March 2003 to May 2003
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Introduction to Flux-Core Welding
Paier College of Art
Diploma of Fine Arts
September 1996 to December 1998
- Major: Photography